I think people generally identify less and less with the companies they work
for and tend to define themselves more and more outside of the context of
work.  This is noted in Richard Florida's book "The Rise of the Creative
Class," which I have mostly read and can't seem to finish.  He makes a bunch
of good points but ultimately seem to be tooting the horn for a technocratic
bourgeois.

So how are people identifying themselves?  I know there are a bunch of young
people identifying themselves as anti-capitalists.  This is their "most
important work."

I have not followed this thread but I just thought I would throw that in
there.  Sorry if I am out of context.

Lisa