Enrico Sorcinelli wrote:

We believe that the translations will be useful if these can be easily
distributed and installed. So it is logical to put it into a Perl package.

Yes, I agree with this.

Which namespace? We have chosen POD2::<country code> namespace
and specifically POD2::IT for the italian translations.

I think this is OK, but there should be a possibility for different locales (some countries use more than one language and the same language may be used in different countries). There is also a problem of different charsets -- we use three locales in Lithuania: lt_LT.iso8859-13, lt_LT.iso8859-4 (deprecated) and lt_LT.utf-8 so there probably should be some way to distinguish things according to locale rather than just language (I know that charsets are non-issue, because one can convert them on the fly with Encode module, but I would still like to see lt_LT rather than just LT)

There is also an idea to patch perldoc in order to add a switch (like -L)
for directly see localized translation:

perldoc -L it perlfunc

Yes, this is a nice idea. How about also writing a module which would automagically download the appropriate translation on request? :)

Petras Kudaras
aka moxliukas
[Lithuanian perldoc translator]