At 00.40 22/07/03 +0200, you wrote:

Which namespace? We have chosen POD2::<country code> namespace
and specifically POD2::IT for the italian translations.

I think this is OK, but there should be a possibility for different locales (some countries use more than one language and the same language may be used in different countries).
There is also a problem of different charsets -- we use three locales in Lithuania: lt_LT.iso8859-13, lt_LT.iso8859-4 (deprecated) and lt_LT.utf-8 so there probably should be some way to distinguish things according to locale rather than just language (I know that charsets are non-issue, because one can convert them on the fly with Encode module, but I would still like to see lt_LT rather than just LT)

I think that, for example, you could use POD2::LT:: namespace to distinguish different locales

perldoc -L it perlfunc

Yes, this is a nice idea. How about also writing a module which would automagically download the appropriate translation on request? :)

Did you propose this as perldoc patch? Could be an interesting feature... :-)

by

- Enrico