Dnia piątek, 25 marca 2011 o 12:43:14 Aldo Calpini napisał(a):
> On 25.03.2011 11:07, Waldemar Biernacki wrote:
> > Until now I rewrote my application to use the fix and first tests are
> > really promising. By the way, this tremendous GDI object number was due
> > to the fact that each label and textfield had its own font which in turn
> > is just GDI object and the same with background.
>
> as I just wrote in another mail, there should be no problem with fonts,
> because you create them explicitly. this means the same GDI object is
> used for all controls. only the brush is created "on-demand" for
> background.

Of course you are right. It is not a problem with using font in general but
with my using them.

> > Syntax of background color in Win32::GUI is little misleading
> > (-background => 0xffffff) as it suggests that it is simple attribute of
> > a widget. But it is not the case: each background is full GDI object
> > too! Maybe - I am just speculating - that was the fundamental reason why
> > the background color error raised? Who - at first sight - could see that
> > there is a such big difference between -background and -foreground?
>
> the difference is in the Win32 API. they allow a plain COLORREF for
> foreground, but only a HBRUSH for background (even if you just want a
> solid color, you have to create a solid brush for this). I thought it
> was "user friendlier" to automatically create a brush of the given
> color. it's just that I forgot to clean it up afterwards :-)

You right again; this syntax is really friendly but the real problem with the
error was that it feeds the GDI quota limit vary fast (in my application) -
not just the memory. Adding bad desing with fonts and error in Perl 5.10 you
can see my problems... :(  But thankfull Jeremy code I fixed the error and
using Perl 5.8 version with changes in my application give the result that I
have quite stable application now.

I tried to do it in 5.12 but I didn't manage. At first ExtUtils::FakeConfig
from
cpan had no 5.12 version. I thank I corrected it but compilation Win32::GUI
with gcc failed (tests showed it). Because I can't find ppm for 5.12 so I think
I have made a mistake writing the information about Win32::GUI in Perl 5.12.
Sorry for that.

> maybe it would be a good idea to add a -backgroundbrush option, so you
> can pass a Win32::GUI::Brush object to it and the same GDI object will
> be used for all controls, as with fonts.

This would be fine for I use them (backgrounds) synchronized in my windows so I
can get the same colour to the quite big group of widgets.

cheers
Waldemar.