I can't really comment on the namespace issue, but I do appreciate the fact that this was written as a Moose module. That makes it much more traditionally OO friendly, extensible, and if required, secure. When I used Marc::Record more extensively, it was a favorite. I've worked on several projects where I took advantage of Moose, and wrote classes using it, and it's a very nice tool. It'll be good to have a Marc module in the Moose architecture. Others would probably appreciate that as well, so if the namespace could somehow incorporate it given everyone's suggestions, that would make it easier for people to identify.

I share you enthusiasm for Moose. Moose reconciled me with Perl...

--
Frédéric