Simon> On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 12:53:49PM -0700, Matt Youell wrote:
>> > It doesn't feel right to me. It doesn't feel Perlish.
>> That's it?

Simon> That isn't enough? Christ, man, this is Perl we're talking about. If Perl
Simon> isn't Perlish, something is wrong.

Seconded.  If I want a language where everything is an object, I know
where to find it.  When I hack Perl, I want things to be optimized for
those "90% text, 10% something else" problems that Perl so well fills.
I don't want text to become an object.  I don't want numbers to become
an object.  I don't want to create object regular expressions to call
a method on text objects to return back a success object to test with
the control structure object.  I want /foo/ && print while <> to work.