>> But don't throw out the simplicity of CGI.pm's basic task handling: parsing
>> the incoming parameters (including file upload), and generating sticky forms
>> and other common HTML elements.

David> That's two tasks.  It should be two modules.

No, it's an *integrated* task.  The form-generation stuff needs tight coupling
with the getting (and setting) of the incoming param values.  You couldn't
just use two random modules for that... they'd have to specifically know about
each other and work together.

That's why it's great that it's all in CGI.pm.  If I just want param handling,
I import/compile only that part.  If I also want sticky forms, I just ask it
for a bit more.  And as long as I'm there, I import "header" or "redirect" or
"cookie" to do that "last bit" of my application.  CGI.pm has the *right*
mix for small tasks.  It *does* make sense.