Thanks for the reference! I met Dave in London a couple of weeks ago (I was there to visit Down House, Charles Darwin´s home) and discussed the project. Dave has a very valueable list of GB observations, which he has sent to me.
But, thanks anyhow!
Best wishes/J-E

At 21:14 2008-10-27, you wrote:
Hi Jan-Erick,
    True, I am not a European collection manager, but I did find this literature reference for herbaria.

Doyle, A., and D. Pinniger. 2006. Museum Papers: Monitoring insect pests in a large herbarium for ten years; implications and actions; Risk zones for IPM: from concept to implementation. Fumigants & Pheromones 78:6.  .... beginning with 1995 trapping at BM - Lasioderma serricorne (found in 2000 and later caused severe infestations); Anthrenus sarnicus/Guernsey carpet beetle), Attagenus smirnovii/vodka beetle and Thylodrias contractus/odd beetle and "BM" is the herbarium acronym for the British Museum, now the Museum of Natural History in London.
That's the only pertinent citation, I have yet gathered from my herbarium literature project.  Maybe it will help, but I am sure you'll hear from them anyway.

take care now,
Ann

----- Original Message -----
From: Jan-Erik Bergh
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 9:20 AM
Subject: [pestlist] The vodka beetle

Dear freinds,
Have you seen the Vodka beetle hanging around? In a project "Insects pests and climate change - The Attagenus smirnovi project"
we are interested in the distribution in Europe of Attagenus smirnovi . For more information, go to http://www.nrm.se/frontpage/researchandcollections/collections/premal/smirnoviproject.6930.html
/Jan-Erik Bergh