On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 11:04 AM John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2022 17:14:19 -0800
> wes <p...@the-wes.com> dijo:
>
> >On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 12:49 PM John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com>
> >wrote:
> When I ran ifconfig it gave me enx+long-number which was the
> ethernet, and no IP address for it, and it gave me virbr0 with an
> address of 192.168.122.1. This has to be the wifi, but where did the
> 122 come from? My network is192.168.1.x.

virbr0 is for virtualization software. virtualbox, vmware, etc. that's
where the 122 comes from.

Well, at least it explains why
> apt couldn't download anything. While waiting for my brain to come up
> with an explanation for the 122 I plugged in an ethernet cable, and
> then I was able to connect, and apt properly installed seahorse and
> seahorse-daemon.

answer unclear, ask again later

> At this point I was finally able to launch seahorse. I explored it a
> bit, but couldn't figure out how to use it. One of the buttons that I
> clicked on displayed 'Keyring Locked.' I could probably have unlocked
> it, but I left it for now because I want it to be unlocked at login,
> but that option must be buried someplace that I didn't look at.

there isn't a specific option to have the keyring unlocked by default. you
have to implicitly do this by unlocking the keyring, and then setting the
password to empty.

-wes