On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 23:20:59 -0800
John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com> dijo:

>On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 17:23:00 -0800
>wes <p...@the-wes.com> dijo:
>
>>if you right-click on the keyring, do you get any options around
>>setting a password?
>
>It just pops up the box to enter the password, and if I leave it blank
>and then click on OK it gives an error message that I didn't enter the
>right password. It won't take a blank password.
>
>I can't find an option to launch Seahorse from the menus, but
>'seahorse' from the command line did the trick. It provides a window
>titled 'Passwords and Keys,' which gives me a panel on the left:
>
>Passwords
>       Default keyring
>Keys
>       GnuPG keys
>       OpenSSH keys
>Certificates
>       System Trust
>
>Clicking on 'Default keyring' gives me a panel on the right with an
>image of some keys, underneath 'Keyring is locked,' and below that a
>button 'Unlock.' Clicking on Unlock prompts me to enter my password,
>but if I leave it blank it gives an error message that the password was
>not correct.
>
>Clicking on any of the other items gives me a window on the right that
>says 'This collection seems to be empty.'
>
>The Seahorse GUI seems unable to accept an empty password.

I should have added that I can right-click on Login and there is an
option to change password that pops up a box for the new password. I
have to enter the old password first, then Continue, and then the new
password. I can leave the new password blank, but then it says if I
leave it blank I have no security and anyone can change my password. I
left it at that, so maybe I solved this problem.