Hi Suraj,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 02:55:58PM -0400, Suraj Nellikar (snellika) wrote:

> If I am understanding correctly here, the "in" and the "out" (input and
> output interface) values defined in the pre-tag are the snmp index
> values of the interfaces on the switch/router right? I see that the "in"
> and "out" being used here are defined as integers whereas the interfaces
> being exported are hex values. Can we change the data type in pmacct?

Yes, that's correct. But how do you mean by interfaces are "exported"
as hex values?

> We also know that Netflow v9 is customizable. i.e I can define my own
> set of statistics to be exported to the collector. Is there a way to
> define the customized set in the pmacct (nfacct), so that nfacctd
> identifies those packets accordingly and stores it in the sql database?
> Pre-tagging supports only a subset of these.

Good point. I assume you mean you don't want to code in the customised
NetFlow v9 information (this would be easy given the modularity of this
part of the code) but rather you want to see in pmacct a way to define
customized information, via a configuration file, and then possibly
match them through the Pre-Tagging infrastructure.

If this is the case, unfortunately, while being a good idea this is
not currently possible; i thought several times about it, not only in
terms of Pre-Tagging primitives but also more importantly in terms of
aggregation primitives. This is definitely in the radar but i have no
immediate plans of implementing this, being busy on other juicy things
for the upcoming 0.12 trunk. But hey, contributions are warmly welcome!