On 06/15/2009 05:21:39 PM, Suraj Nellikar (snellika) wrote:
Hi,

>> If I am understanding correctly here, the "in" and the "out" (input
and
>> output interface) values defined in the pre-tag are the snmp index
>> values of the interfaces on the switch/router right? I see that the
"in"
>> and "out" being used here are defined as integers whereas the
interfaces
>> being exported are hex values. Can we change the data type in
pmacct?

>Yes, that's correct. But how do you mean by interfaces are "exported"
>as hex values?

I am trying to use pre_tag and I am running into some problems. I
defined a tag entry, where, all packets (in=-1) should be tagged with
id=100. It worked fine. I could see that all packets in mysql database
have agent_id=100. But when I am using a specific input interface
value
(for ex. in=469762208), the nfacctd does not identify the packets
properly. I checked the if-index on the switch and it was a hex
value(1c0000a0). But nfacctd's pre_tag.map accepts only integers. So I
was wondering if that is the problem. Here is the nfacctd.conf:-

daemonize: false
plugins: mysql
aggregate: tag, src_host,dst_host,src_port,dst_port
nfacctd_port:5678
pre_tag.map: ./pre_tag.conf
sql_table_version: 2
nfacctd_sql_log: true
nfacctd_time_new: true

The pre_tag.conf has:-
id=200 ip=<router ip> in=469762208

Am I missing anything here?

I have no clue -- maybe try
-201326752, which is 0x1c0000a0 as a signed
integer, and see what happens?  I'm just guessing.

Karl <k...@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein