Hi,

>> We also know that Netflow v9 is customizable. i.e I can define my own
>> set of statistics to be exported to the collector. Is there a way to
>> define the customized set in the pmacct (nfacct), so that nfacctd
>> identifies those packets accordingly and stores it in the sql
database?
>> Pre-tagging supports only a subset of these.

>Good point. I assume you mean you don't want to code in the customised
>NetFlow v9 information (this would be easy given the modularity of this
>part of the code) but rather you want to see in pmacct a way to define
>customized information, via a configuration file, and then possibly
>match them through the Pre-Tagging infrastructure.

>If this is the case, unfortunately, while being a good idea this is
>not currently possible; i thought several times about it, not only in
>terms of Pre-Tagging primitives but also more importantly in terms of
>aggregation primitives. This is definitely in the radar but i have no
>immediate plans of implementing this, being busy on other juicy things
>for the upcoming 0.12 trunk. But hey, contributions are warmly welcome!

I was looking at the interface information in particular. I see that
pre-tag supports that but the problem here is I have to know the
interface numbers in advance to define rules in pre-tag config files. If
my network is huge, assuming I know my interface index numbers, the
config file will be huge if I have to identify each flow. So I was
planning to add the interface (in and out) into aggregation rules so
that it is listed in the sql database as part of the flow. Which c files
do I need to look into if I want to provide this support?

Thanks,
Suraj.N

Pinc