On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 8:39 AM, lasizoillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  If you're interested in doing asynchronous programming in Python but
>>  without the painful callback style approach used by Twisted, check out
>>  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Eventlet.  It's based on the same
>>  tricks used by Yahoo Groups, IronPort, and Slide.
>>

> Reading http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Eventlet/Documentation is interesting

This is quite interesting.  I've been looking for a way to build a
site scraper (something analogous to an aggregator but more
site-specific) that could eventually become asynchronous, and this
looks a lot easier than Twisted.  It's like a cron scheduler for
interruptible functions, which fits my brain.  The WSGI interface and
backdoor (interactive) interface could also serve as a UI for
accessing the data down the road, although I'm not sure that needs to
be in the same process, or whether to use a web or GUI interface or
both.

One thing that's unclear is what "executed within the main loop's
coroutine" means (call_after() function).  That means it's inserting
Python statements into the other routine, or using its locals and
globals?  The example shows a delayed timeout example, where the
exception is delivered to the current coroutine (the caller) rather
than to the main loop's coroutine. Or is everything "executed in the
main loop's coroutine"?

> They comment the NginxNgxWSGIModule and his use. Its interesting too the
> path to python sockets. And the problem with database C implemented sockets.
> They solve the issue whith a threaded pool (like Twisted's people do).

I wonder if SQLAlchemy can use it.  There are engine args 'creator'
and 'pool' which provide some support for external connection
factories and customized pools.

--
Mike Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>