One more option I've not seen mentioned is Cherokee:

http://www.cherokee-project.com/

I've never used it in production (last time I experimented with it was a
couple years ago and it wasn't mature enough), but it's reported to be
quite fast, even edging out Nginx in several benchmarks.

http://www.alobbs.com/news/104

It also has native SCGI support and a management interface written in
Python.

The documentation isn't what it could be, but I expect the admin
interface helps out quite a bit on that count.

Regards,
Cliff