In Dave P wrote:
> I see two good opportunities for major developments that have minimal
> cost. One is SMSQ on a good emulator on linux on an ARM board (or other
> highly predictable hardware).
As a RISC OS user I know ARM processors are slow (except for the
Samsung Halla), with no 64 bit version yet. That said, ARM is low power,
and very popular therefore should be around for a while yet. What is
really needed is portable RISC OS computer, rather than a new OS for ARM
CPUs. Your suggestion sounds a bit like the new Amiga OSes that run on
PowerPC and use a 68K CPU for apps.

> The other is that 'someone' invites Nasta to
> the UK and gives him a room, power, and a network connection.
I could invite him if wants to come, we have a room, power and broadband
network connection which we have used for lodgers in the past, it now
contains QLs. Norwich is a cheap place to live with a Maplins store
in walking distance. Why would he need to be in the UK, surely a QL is
QL?

> He is *so*
> close to a complete coldfire machine that a truly *tiny* investment and
> support would see the project through to completion. Maybe we could all
> sponsor him to the tune of 10 pounds each per week - just a few people
> could share the costs to house and equip him - he already has almost
> everything he needs...
I am interested, but think Quanta should approach first with a business
plan.

--
                        Tarquin Mills
RUNG (RISC OS Users, Norfolk Group)
http://www.speccyverse.me.uk/rung/ (running on RISC OS)
New domain name coming one day http://rung.aaug.riscos/
  • ... gwicks
    • ... Dave P
    • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
    • ... Dave P
    • ... Bill Cable
    • ... Dave P
    • ... P Witte
    • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
    • ... Joachim Van der Auwera
    • ... Arnould Nazarian
  • ... Tarquin Mills
    • ... thegilpins
    • ... David Isaacs
    • ... Tony Firshman
    • ... Malcolm Cadman
    • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
    • ... Malcolm Cadman
    • ... David Isaacs
    • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"