Hi Y'all,

It's just me being cheap <wry smile>; family budget being tight, etc.
I've got a copy of QPC1 which, as I understand it, only works under DOS?
I was going to try it out on an old laptop (486 33MHz) which, I believe,
it was developed for but..... my lovely 5 year old daughter broke the
ribbon cable connecting the screen to the system/keyboard...... hence a
DOS partition as, I don't think, QPC1 will work under XP (or anywhere
near it - probably DOS box configuration genius aside - too time
consuming)
When I get a round tuit I'll feedback how it works with 1GByte of DOS
RAM?!?

Finally, no, I'm not familiar with the newer software - I left off with
Pointer Environment QPAC2, on 4meg SuperGoldCard with 2 31/2 inch floppy
disk drives and an amber monitor with an LC10 dot matrix. Got me through
my HND Computer Studies!

Thanks again to the QUANTA community for getting me through those times.
My future intentions are a return to UNIX via Linux and running modern
QL software on it (or does the modern QL software no longer require
another Operating System to run an emulator - I guess I should read more
of the posts to this list and I'd know <grin>

Regards to all,
And goodnight for now,

David