On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:55:53 -0400, Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:12:50 +0100, David Isaacs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Y'all,

It's just me being cheap <wry smile>; family budget being tight, etc.
I've got a copy of QPC1 which, as I understand it, only works under DOS?
I was going to try it out on an old laptop (486 33MHz) which, I believe,
it was developed for but..... my lovely 5 year old daughter broke the
ribbon cable connecting the screen to the system/keyboard...... hence a
DOS partition as, I don't think, QPC1 will work under XP (or anywhere
near it - probably DOS box configuration genius aside - too time
consuming)
When I get a round tuit I'll feedback how it works with 1GByte of DOS
RAM?!?

QPC 1 works with DOSBOX and Bochs (under XP). For the first one I have to blame Marcel that introduced me to it

(That also means that it works everywhere that dosbox runs including BeOS/Zeta)

Of course note that the protection scheme of QPC1 applies here as well. Ask Marcel for details in case that your QPC1 was installed but not de-installed on the previous owner's machine). Of course it's been a while since I last dabbled with QPC1 so I may not remember right (which of course it is usually the case ;-)

--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)
Visit the uQLX-win32 homepage at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/uqlx.html>
              • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
              • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
              • ... Malcolm Cadman
              • ... P Witte
              • ... Dave P
              • ... Tarquin Mills