At 23:15 19/05/2005 +0100, you wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a working undelete utility for:
I don't know of a utility myself.

(a) files held on floppy disks, i.e. flp1_
Some years ago I did wander into the innards of the floppy, TK2's direct sector access very useful in this regard. My first meeting with PC material was a database which I converted to QL format by reading sector by sector into a file and manipulating with DP's Editor (magic prog).

(b) files held within win_ devices (you know, the virtual disks, used by QPC2).

I hope you have a backup of the WIN file, have not written to it since the fateful act. Then I would suggest you view it in a good Windows Hex editor and tweak the entries appropriately.

This is not too difficult with written data that can be followed across sectors, programme code another ball game.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 266.11.12 - Release Date: 17/05/2005

  • ... Stuart Jones
    • ... Rich Mellor
    • ... Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος (Phoebus R. Dokos)
    • ... David Tubbs
    • ... Stuart Jones
    • ... Stuart Jones
      • ... David Tubbs