From: Stuart Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 May 2005 00:13
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ql-users] Undelete

Dear Ffibys,

I must confess that I did not buy the "Collection" as such until now.

The situation is as follows.

Around 10 years ago, and for some years previous, I purchased many
individual titles of DP's programs.  I guess I had around 30-40% of the
complete set, at a cost of several hundred pounds.  By then, the PC was
slowly taking over, and the idea of buying the rest as a job lot in the form
of the Collection, on a limited budget, didn't appeal.

Subsequent to that, I purchased QPC2, and like you, using the virtual win_
disks, copied all my floppies and microdrives to a win_ file.
Unfortunately, in a moment of madness, I accidentally used WDEL_ and deleted
the wrong tree.  By the time I realized, it was too late...  Some of the
floppies, where there entire contents were copied, were thrown away, others
had deleted files (I still have these).

Since then, I have purchased, second hand, a copy of the DP collection
itself.  Unfortunately, only 6 of the 10 disks were present, though the
remainder of DP's programs are on around 30 floppy disks as individual
titles.  What I would like is a copy of the missing disks, numbers QL5, QL6,
QL7, and QL10.

In practice, I have all the titles, but not in the form I'd like (i.e. nice
and neat).

If you or anyone else could help me out, I'd be grateful.

I do understand the copyright issue, but in view of the foregoing, and the
10 year gap, and the practical realities of the programs being effectively
obsolete, I hope the request could be considered reasonably, rather than
creating a furore over rights and wrongs!

Regards,

Stuart
  • ... Rich Mellor
  • ... Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος (Phoebus R. Dokos)
  • ... David Tubbs
  • ... Stuart Jones
  • ... Stuart Jones
    • ... David Tubbs