Dilwyn Jones wrote:
> Help!
>
> When I power up my Minis-QL (Aurora/Super Gold Card/Qubide) the
> opening screen where the rom versions etc are printed with the F1
> Monitor/F2 TV prompts, I get a message saying "this is not a Qubide
> partition". But it starts up SMSQ/E and my boot program OK. Any
> attempt then to DIR WIN1_ gives a "Not Found" error. Seems strange
> it'll start up SMSQ/E and my boot program then WIN1_ magically
> vanishes.
>
> Is this likely to be a dying hard disk? Or does anyone have any other
> suggestions?

Dilwyn,

You sure SMSQ/e and your boot program are not loading from elsewhere,
like ROMdisq?
I always find that if the message "this is not a Qubide partition"
appears, the QL will not be able to communicate with the hard disk at all.

It always seems to happen if you don't use the hard disk for a while!

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services