On 09/06/10 21:21, Anton Preinsack wrote:

SD/SF Card Readers are quite easy to do, most CF readers can plug into the IDE Interface. But the card has to be formatted to SMSQ/E or QDOS.

Reading and writing to FAT formatted Card is another story, no device drivers.
... well that fits in well with the work Adrian Ives is doing.
I haven't heard from him for a while, but he had skeleton drivers to write to the on-board FAT formatted SD card on UsbWiz, using a serial interface. That card could be written to on a PC, although execable files would need to be zipped by a QL system or written from a QL emulator.
There are a few issue though.

1) I suspect it would need a QL with extra memory to be useful
2) It woud be very slow speed without at least Hermes
3) It needs a 5v power supply

superHermes has 5v available and could probably work at 230400 bps, but this is moving away from a bare QL that Urs is looking to support.

Tony

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk