In message <e1omqmr-0007an...@outmx02.plus.net>, Martin Wheatley <mart...@martinwheatley.plus.com> writes

I came on this list a couple of days ago.  I was a QL user for
many years and a regular attender at the London group. Some
of you may even remember me
I stopped using the QL a number of years ago and moved
out of London.     In an idle moment I wondered what was
happening and rejoined the list.
The thing that is immediately worrying is that so far every one who
has posted is someone whose name I know.  If no one new
and active has come in during the last few years then the
big bell is tolling!

martinw

Hi Martin,

Welcome back ... :-)

Probably most contributors on this list use a vast array of computers and other advanced hardware and systems.

Yet, we all continue our fondness for the QL.

The "Big Bell" as you put it, has been chiming for many years now - we just continue to enjoy the sound ..... :-)

PS - The London venue has now been completely refurbished.
Call in at some time, when you are able.

--
Malcolm Cadman