For instance, AFAIK there's no Linux version of Q-Emulator. So Ubuntu users can run a virtualized Windows inside VMWare/Virtual Box, and from inside the guest OS, install and run Q-Emulator.
I think uQLx (a linux QL emulator) was developed from QemuLator sources originally, although from what little I know of them, there the similarities probably end. Plus I think it's a while since uQLx was last updated.

Surprisingly, there were also versions derived from uQLx which were then ported to run in Windows and Mac environments. The Win-uQLX ran in Cygwin environment on a Windows machine. I think it was developed by either Peter Graf or Phoebus Dokos (or possibly both of them).

Then James Weatherley ported a version to Mac OS - can't remember if it was for OSX or the original Mac OS'es.

Both were available from Phoebus's website. Since Phoebus's pages disappeared, the emulators are on my emulators page, but I know little or nothing about them.

It's interesting to see all the talk of using such-and-such a QL emulator in such and such an emulating or virtual OS within another OS. I used to marvel at (nowadays) routine things like DOS emulation on a QL, or Darren Branagh doing things like running a Spectrum emulator within a QL emulator running on a PC. I'm not sure he ever went as far as to have Windows in a Linux virtual system (or something like WINE) in turn running a QL emulator in turn running a spectrum emulator in turn running a zx81 emulator, but I'm sure it's the kind of thing he'd have tried for the hell of it if he'd set his mind to it! (Hastily dons protective suit for when Darren reads this).

If there's a Linux supported QL emulator, it would be possible to build a "portable" or "pen" version of the QL, by configuring a pendrive to boot a tiny Linux kernel, followed by the QL emulator itself.
I regularly use my QL On A Stick on Windows systems of course - once I'd figured out how to do it originally it turned out to be quite straightforward to get going. I don't know enough about Linux systems to produce such a "pen QL" using uQLx on a minimal Linux set up, although it might be an interesting exercise. Potentially quite useful for those who avoid Windows systems where possible.