Bryan Horstmann wrote, on 30/Nov/10 10:27 | Nov30:

Bryan/
Thanks everyone.

However, my grey matter is a little woolly as an octogenarian. I've
searched back, and Tony said "Qemulator works fine in second screen
under XP in VMware on a Macbook". That is what set me thinking. My Amilo
machine has Vista (unfortunately!). I needed pointing to a dunce's
detailed step by step instructions as I am not versed at doing this sort
of thing at system level.
Well it is hardly system level.
You simply configure the second screen (control panel -> display -> settings).

Vista does it in the same way as XP.

Then qemulator (and other Windows programs), can use both screens.

Thinking again about it, what I now think is the way is to run a Linux
emulator under Kubuntu. Most of my QL work is on floppies. The Vista on
the Amilo won't reliably access the USB floppy, whereas Linux under VM
has no problems.

Tony

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk