Jiri Dolezal wrote:
I don't think I have the pinouts for Samsung Ctl (joystick) ports.

Same as Atari, or Kempston on Sinclair ZX Spectrum

I'll add the note about the serial ports being sockets though.

Same as Sinclair ZX Interface 1.
Ah, so a traditional Atari switched joystick should plug into the Ctl ports of a Samsung QL with no adapter lead, that's good to know.

I think the wiring for an adapter cable to plug an Atari joystick into a British (non-Samsung) QL is on my website somewhere, so when I remember where it is I can update the info for that too. Thank you Jiri.