>Thanks for your suggestions re impossibility to use zip-100. I
followed
>your suggestions and they responded correctly, yet win3, which is E,
still
>gives No Medium.
>It looks like QPC2 works correctly but my WIN98 SE fails somehow to
connect
>to the driver.
>Since the big w98 crash everything around WIN98 works pretty smoothly
(till
>next crash?). I do not absolutely need the zip but ...... but it did
work
>before the crash. This problem is same for previous versions of QPC.
>
>Maybe I should start with a fresh empty zip-100 ( PC formatted, did
not
>work) or format it from QL?

If you think it might be worth getting the latest drivers for Iomega
Zip Iomega has a website at www.iomega.com - select Europe and
language of preference then go to the drivers download section. I use
Zip100 disks on a Win95/QPC2v2 system. There's a possibility if the
backup files came from CD you may need to remove the 'Read Only'
Attribute (from Windows Exploder, right click on the files on a disk,
select Properties and uncheck the read only attribute).

I assume the drive works OK from Windows - you can copy to and from
the zip disk?

If not, you may need to reinstall the Zip. Some zip drives are Plug
And Play (Windows will either find them automatically or you can
manually install them via Add New Hardware). It may be worth running
the GUEST program to see if it will recognise it with that.

I remember that last year sometime I had a problem with my Zip drive
in that QPC would crash if a medium was changed. Sadly I can't
remember what I did to correct that other than reinstalling the
device. (mine is a parallel port version)

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]