On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 12:52:06AM +0100, Roy Wood wrote:
> >> This is surely not a problem because the technically advanced can have
> >> the source code and do the fixes, pass these back to Richard and he can
> >> get them into an 'official' UQLX SMSQ/E.
> >
> >that is the optimist view. However there is nothing in the license
> >that would guarantee me that the source code would be continuously
> >available in the future.
> >There is nothing in the license that would guarantee me any of my
> >changes will get back into official SMSQ.
> >There is nothing in the license to guarantee me that official
> >or inofficial binaries of SMSQ will be available.
> There is also nothing in the licence that will guarantee that you will
> not be run over by a bus - stop being silly.

Thanks for the hint, I will try other methods to minimise the
risk of beeing run over by a bus.
Unfortunately there is not much I could do to minimise the risks
inherent to this license - silly or not I am simply not interested
to put any effort into SMSQ under this conditions.

> All of this continual bickering and hair splitting is getting needlessly
> introspective

You have easy to speak when you can change the license to
your liking whenever you feel like that.

Richard