No, they don't have to allocate teh disk space...but you're not saving
them money...you're in effect costing them more, by having to route the
extra traffic to you.

What do your terms of service say on the matter?

I'm assuming that the TOS assumes you're a home user, not a business user.
By and large, home users do not need the ability to run incoming server
type services.

If your TOS does not include a clause that says you A) get a static IP or
B) that you can run server type services, then assuming that you are
have those prerogatives might be ill advised.