-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff DePolo
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 12:30 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Duplexers

> When you put the Bird between the TX and the duplexer, you
> have changed the
> length of the jumper cable, which upset the tuning.

Adding a wattmeter or any other length of cable between the transmitter and
the duplexer Tx input port has no effect on the tuning of the duplexer. It
may change the load Z the transmitter sees, which may make the transmitter
happier (or sadder) depending on the resulting Z, but in no way does it
alter the tuning of the duplexer itself.

Adding or removing cable lengths between the transmitter and duplexer also
does not change the VSWR as seen by the transmitter (minimal cable loss
effects notwithstanding)-.

--- Jeff

Jeff DePolo - HYPERLINK "mailto:jd1%40broadsci.com"[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Broadcast Sciences LLC, Valley Forge PA
v: 610.917.3000
f: 610.917.3030

Checked by AVG Free Edition.