Im having the same issue with my repeater on a 100 ft tower guyed with  3/16

In a message dated 3/12/2009 3:39:30 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
paul_n1...@myfairpoint.net writes:

Hi Randy,

I remember working you on 2 meters.

That is very  interesting. I tried bonding all the joints. If
anything it actually  seemed to make things worse!? I have been
seriously thinking about  Phillystran. It's a big expense not knowing
for sure where the problem  lies, but the only way to find out may be
to try it and  see!

Paul