From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of hankjr...@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:59 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Quieting duplex noise from a tower

Sorry, I have the same problem with my repeater on a 100 foot tower guyed
with 3/16 cable. It seems when the temp drops below 60 F I get a squeal in
the  RX side of my repeater. I can shake the tower when its doing it and it
will go away for a few minutes. We went up and grounded the antenna and
bracket to the tower. I thought we were getting RX noise from a bad
connection that would get worse when the temp dropped due to the metal
shrinking. Still no luck fixing it. I'm not sure what to do now. 73, KD5UZA

In a message dated 3/12/2009 3:39:30 P.M. Central Daylight Time,