Actually, mixing media can be done- Retro did it on me last week, when I didn't want
it to.  I was getting to know my new AIT-1 library system, and left it on with blank
tapes loaded when I left for the day.  Even though the existing DDS-3 changer had 2
blanks in it, it decided to grab the first blank AIT, leaving me with a set with 15
DDS tapes and 1 AIT.

But then, since "removable disks" and "CDR-Drive" are 2 different selections from the
pop-up menu, maybe that's enough to keep it from spanning discs....  I could see it
more likely to find 2 different kinds of tape as "close enough" than a jump from jazz
to CDR.

BTW, using the "set missing" and turning the AIT drive off before the next backups ran
got my sets all back on one media type.

Steve.
--
Steve Yuroff