But you have to look at it from the other point of view.  It takes a lot of
time and money to develop hardware.  If it was readily available on
emulation why would anyone buy the hardware?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sam-us...@nvg.ntnu.no [mailto:owner-sam-us...@nvg.ntnu.no] On
Behalf Of Marcos Cruz
Sent: 03 May 2013 15:25
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: Re: SimCoupe / Trinity

En/Je/On 2013-05-02 23:09, Stefan Drissen escribió / skribis / wrote :

> > Sorry Stefan, I'm still against my hardware being emulated in
> > SimCoupe.

> That's a pity, it's your right of course, but I think you are
> preventing your work from flourishing in a larger (emulated) audience.

> Allowing emulation may get some odd sods, myself included, wanting to
> write something for it, resulting in enough momentum for it to become
> interesting for a real SAM user, resulting in a sale for you. Sounds
> like egg and chicken basics to me.

I agree with you, Stefan.

Creating software and hardware for the real SAM is great and desirable, but
emulation is the way most people can use, program or even meet a SAM.

In my opinion, emulating a good interface is an avail for its seller and for
the real machine users, because the interface becomes potentially more
useful, and more desirable.

Marcos

--
http://programandala.set