Kaya Saman wrote:
Richard Butland wrote:
Hello, Kaya,

to run on OpenSolaris, you'll want use SGD version 4.50: http://docs.sun.com/source/820-6688/chapter1.html#d0e758 And, if using OpenSolaris as a client, check this: http://docs.sun.com/source/820-6687/chapter2.html#d0e5090

So, the easy answer is to download/install the 4.50 version.

Rick

Again I've tried to install version 4.5 on Sol10 this time in a VBox image only again I get the same problem about not being able to connect to port 5307 - the default SSL port??

I don't have DNS setup at all in terms of running an authoritative DNS server and calling the server by an A record; however the /etc/hosts file is populated and /etc/nodename which I think is what is required in the first place when they say DNS?? -- just reading through the manual right now which you provided Rick, although have checked the html doc at sgddemo.sun.com for the server administration before installing.

Anyway I really have no idea why I can't login :-(

I'm using the local test user name sgd with pass sgd.....

If anyone has any idea about what I can do to get this to work or information I can provide that would be really great!!

Many thanks

--Kaya