I live in Minnesota, a state that elected a third party candidate for Governor.

Jesse Ventura wasn't able to do too much in Minnesota other than shake up the two parties and eliminate the vehicle emission testing requirements.

This is partly due to his personal defects, but mostly due to the inertia of government, the inertia of any institution, and the difficulty of getting any group of people to agree about anything...

Have you ever been on a committee?

Regarding the inertia of government, I am under the impression that the founders of this government purposely set things up so that there would be inertia so that no person or group could come in and make changes too quickly.

Do yourself a favor, recognize the reality of these situations but don't allow yourself to become emotionally attached to any outcome. Unless you like emotionalism, that is.

Dan

wordsjunkie wrote:
Probably because Ron Paul is running for President. Now this one is a new
one on me! I'm so angry I could spit nails. I'm tired of a government that
whores itself. And if Hillary gets elected, or anyone else besides Ron Paul,
that's exactly what will happen, business as usual. Pay the money at the
door of the white house, cash only and paid in advance, and the President
and Congress will happily spread their legs. Yeah, I know it's ugly.  The
truth is ugly and right now I'm too danged angry to care how ugly it sounds.