If you are paying a flat rate for power and gas, it could well be that the energy cost of distilling your water will be free. [to you] The rate isn't likely to be stacked in your favor, but even if you use more than usual, it's still the same cost to you with who pays the difference the only question.

Don't people have power and gas meters on houses in the UK?

Ode

At 06:59 PM 7/16/2009 +0100, you wrote:
I think it wouldn't be that cheap here Ode. I pay in advance for my electricity and it costs me £50 per month! The gas is £120 per month so all in all, it is crippling. Dee

-------Original Message-------

From: <mailto:odecoy...@windstream.net>Ode Coyote
Date: 16/07/2009 15:59:01
To: <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>water distiller question

   Try 68 cents a gallon sometimes.

Company sells you electricity by the kilowatt; the average kilowatt cost is
about 8-10 cents. Since the distiller will use three kilowatt hours to make
a gallon of water the cost is about 24 cents per gallon. That's a whole lot
cheaper than bottled water. <http://arrowheadcutlery.com/healthcraft/faq.htm>http://arrowheadcutlery.com/healthcraft/faq.htm

Ode