At 12:45 PM 1/7/2010, you wrote:
Hi Dee,

Yes but worth it considering it cannot be scratched and does not put any of the coating into the food and should outlast me. Can't say that for the stainless Revere ware pots we're tossing out because of the surface leaching.

Yes, I would have gone with Scanpan if I could have afforded it. It looked like a wonderful product, but too expensive for us. I just checked their website again (thanks for the link) and they have changed to a lid with a Stainless Steel rim, which I am disappointed to see. I cannot use either SS or iron to cook in, so I went with anodized aluminum with anodized aluminum lids. It is now rather difficult to find even anodized aluminum cookware without SS lids or glass lids with SS rims. sol