If it's any additional help, internal error 1002 seems to be clearly
network-related, not sound-related.

http://support.skype.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=629

On 3/25/07, Amos Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 25/03/07, david <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I contacted skype about this.. but of course they didn't properly read
> what I said. Ah well.. at least they replied. See their reply and my
> original message below.
>
> Skype freezes ubuntu 6.10 completely, but for about one or two minutes,
> after which there is an error message in skype and then normal function
> returns.

I've just got around to check Skype's Linux forums and it appears to
be a very well known problem (TM), for a long time and with absolutely
zero response from Skype.
I resort to Ctrl-Q (quit)/restart Skype whenever I remember to do this
so it won't happen next time someone calls me on Skype.
Also when I manage to use it, almost invariably the second call on it
will be very choppy until I restart skype. VERY VERY annoying but
that's what we use at work and it's still the only way to communicate
with Windows users through double-NAT.

> It seems that some other process is using ALSA (?) but what? and
> shouldn't ALSA be able to handle several processes?

Apparently it's a Skype-specific issue, not ALSA.

> Does anyone else have a solution to this problem? It happens on a
> frequent but irregular basis.. enough to be embarrassing when I tell
> people how wonderful linux is.

If you find any, I'll be very delighted to hear. I tried running
OpenWengo but it seems to freeze on the initial "settings" window, and
I'm not yet sure how useful it'll be through double-NAT and with
another SIP device already setup on my LAN (a Sipura-3000 ATA).

--Amos