I did something like that some time ago.. but never got the time to release it. :)

What i just did (in a Script):

- Create a Null
- Create a Light
- Get Camera
- Get Mesh

- Add the "Constrain to Closest Surface"-ICE-Tree to the Null to constrain it to the MeshSurface
- Do some Math:
- Closest Location from Null to Mesh -> get Position + get Normal - Get Angle Between "NullPos-CameraPos"-Vector and "Normal-Vector" - Rotate the Normal-Vector about the DoubleAngle around the CrossProduct of "NullPos-CameraPos"-Vector and "Normal-Vector" - Normalise this Result and Multiply by something (to add Some Distance) - Do a ICE-Pose-Constrain on the Light to "NullPos + ResultVector"
- Add a LookAt-Constrain on the Light to the Null.

PS: I'am not sure if this is the exact way i did it.... but i will have a look in my "Not-Finisched-ICE-Tools"-Folder, when i'am at home, there should be a working solution.