it would be a better effect if each original particle lost mass & size
as it emitted smaller clones of itself.   Not too hard to setup but
would be great to see - by the way Sebastian, I really love that the
dust on that commercial. - there is so many particles that it looks
like a fluid effect rendered with volume shader :)

best

Rob