On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 02:16, Sean Lynch wrote:
> Those look great! Where did you get the textures you're using, and what
> did you use to make the landscape? I really need to start making data
> files so I can do the landscape. Is the water just a plane underneath
> the actual landscape?
>
> --
> Sean Lynch http://sean.lynch.tv/

Thanks for the compliments.  My wife (who is comparing my program to
real games) isn't impressed...  The textures I either made (sand is just
a few shades of tan done in gimp), or stole (grass and rock are clips
taken from google images), or default (the water is a gimp built in
texture).

The map I made in gimp.  The water is actually just a cube with a water
material that has been scaled.  After doing those screenshots I made the
water semi-transparent using material.diffuse = (1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.9), if
I remember correct.

Basically, I used gimp in some way for every texture.  I'm not all that
happy with some of the textures, they look a bit too "grid-ish" right
now.