On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 11:24:06PM +0100, Jiba wrote:
> BTW you may extend your CVS to a package of re-useable textures and /
> or 3D object for Soya? Having both a good 3D engine and good re-useable
> data would rock !

Would it be appropriate to start a Savannah project for Soya itself,
with space for reusable data *and* projects based on Soya? This would
give us a large initial base to check into CVS and probably make it
easier/faster to get approval from the GNU people.

The one caveat of using Savannah is that everything would need to be
under a GNU approved license, and of course since Soya is under GPL we
wouldn't be able to have anything hosted there that would violate GPL by
being based on Soya and not under GPL. The data wouldn't have to be
under GPL as long as it doesn't link to/require Soya.

If you're already planning on having a CVS repository on
oomadness.tuxfamily.org or have other plans for hosting Soya itself,
that's fine. I'll just start the Savannah project for Soya data/projects
only.

--
Sean Lynch http://sean.lynch.tv/