This is by design.  When graylisting is enabled for a domain, _all_
connections are graylisted unless they are authenticated OR they match
one of the whitelists.  This is because sender addresses are very easy
to forge.  If addresses from the same domain automatically bypassed
graylisting, a lot of spam would slip through.

-- Sam Clippinger