Hi Richard,
I have discovered that there is a problem in that the vba code (I got from the github site) is somehow failing to load my custom library from my specified location and in fact keeps referencing a file with version 3.8.5 from 2014. I am not sure how to overcome this right now apart from renaming my custom library to something else apart from sqlite3.dll and updating the references in the sqlite module.

The module uses the declare keyword to hook into externally declared functions in another dll, and also adds references to some windows functions - one of which is the LoadLibraryA function from kernel32 and that is the one that is asked to load my library. There are, of course, multiple apps on my system that use sqlite3.dll - including the Bricscad app that I am running my vba code from.

Regarding the other questions: My custom shell and library (referenced in sqliteexpert) return the correct string for sqlite_source_id(), and they do know that geopoly is active because I can create the virtual table and use all of the geopoly special functions.

I welcome any help you can provide.

Graham