Hi,
and thanks for the suggestion. I am familiar with the vbRichClient solution. There are also odbc drivers that are free to use but in the end I am looking for system that has to work as 64 bit inside 64-bit Autocad where vba runs in-process. The system that I am using seems ideal in that I can build my custom library to include the geopoly module and that of course doesnt get enabled in the standard releases from the sqlite.org site. See my reply to Richard Hipp's message. Once I overcome the problem and get my custom library loaded I expect to make good progress.

regards,
Graham

On 31-10-2018 12:35 am, Vladimir Vissoultchev wrote:
You can try some other sqlite wrapper for VBA, for instance
vbRichClient ships with 3.24 --
http://www.vbrichclient.com/#/en/Downloads.htm

Unfortunately as it's primary target is VB6 the stdcall port of sqlite
is compiled to x86 binary only.

cheers,
</wqw>

-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users
Graham Hardman
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:49 AM
To: SQLite mailing list <sqlite-users@mailinglists.sqlite.org>
Subject: [sqlite] curious discovery about geopoly module

Hi everybody,

regarding the geopoly module in version 3.25.2

a couple of weeks ago I wrote about the fact that the 'pragma
compile_options' command failed to display when I was trying to check
that my special build of the sqlite dll library and the command line
shell was working corrrectly. Richard Hipp's reply was to announce
that he had forgotten to fully broadcast the new module to the rest of
the code.

Fair enough i thought,  since i was still able to test out my ideas
using the shell interface and in my SQLiteExpert program on my windows
10 pc.

Since my previous message I have been doing some tests in 64-bit vba
by adapting code released on github by Govert: SQLiteForExcel [1]

It has been performing well except that, to my great surprise I have
been unable to get it to create a virtual table using geopoly.

Tonight I have documented this in a module that runs some general
tests that all succeed (creating normal tables, inserting records, and
querying the results. A simple Rtree virtual table  was also part of
the testing). The final part of my testing was to try to create a
geopoly vitual table. The prepared statement succeeded, but the step
process failed - returning 1. The extended error code was also 1, and
the error message was "no such module: geopoly"

I guess that makes sense in one way, but it begs the question of why
the shell and my version of SQLiteExpert find a way to understand what
is required. In the meantime it seems I shall have to suspend my vba
coding until the next release where hopefully the above issue will be
fixed. I can provide my code and the library if wished.

The last few lines from my debug printing to the vba intermediate
window is pasted below:

--begin test with a simple geopoly virtual table---- opening an in
memory database SQLite3Open returned 0 open the rtree virtual table
sqlcmd is: 'create virtual table newtab using geopoly(a,b,c)'
SQLite3PrepareV2 returned 0
SQLite3Step failed returning 1
Extended error code is: 1
Extended error message is: no such module: geopoly SQLite3Finalize returned 1

----forced to abandon testing since geopoly table could not be
created-----

assertion documented

Regards,