Hi,
I have managed to get passed the first hurdle by renaming my custom library and then editing all the statements declaring functions to be imported from my custom library. My code now reports correct version and source_id values, and can create the intended geopoly tables.

I am pleased about this, although still puzzled by the fact that the windows LoadLibrary call returned a non null pointer and windows help file implies that it is ok for multiple copies of same name libraries to be loaded together.

Also, by checking, I found that my Bricscad application (latest version) contains the exact same older version 3.8.5 that my vba code ended up hooking into. I will discuss this with them, but perhaps the problem arose because vba runs in the same 64-bit process as their application.

Thanks to all who responded to my posts.

regards,
Graham

On 01-11-2018 1:03 am, Dominique Devienne wrote:
On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 12:51 PM Graham Holden <sql...@aldurslair.com>
wrote:

> There are, of course, multiple apps on my system that use sqlite3.dll -
including the Bricscad app that I am running my vba code from.Speculating somewhat: Have you tried updating the copy Briscad is using? If one version is already in memory, you _may_ have problems persuading Windows to load a different version, and -- even if you can -- I've a feeling that SQLite
might not like that.Graham.

From past discussions on this list, I remember that loading SQLite several
times in the same process,
even with renamed symbols, would be problematic on Posix system, because
SQLite uses a "singleton"
of some kind (as a workaround for broken POSIX semantic around file IO if I
recall correctly). But on Windows,
there was no such restriction that I can recall. Dan or Richard can
probably shed more light on this.

Seems like Graham already has a custom build, so renaming the symbols
sounds possible at least. FWIW. --DD