Hi Paul.  thanks for responding.

Is this sand blaster like a paint sprayer with sand in the container ? I've actually got a Harbor Freight benchtop sand blasting cabinet which I've only tested a couple of times. I have glass bead medium. My impression is that this actually work hardens the surface with smoothe craters - not that desireable for paint to adhere to. What sort of medium are you using ?

paul gamlin wrote:

I have a small sand blaster that uses very fine grit

You still need a
compressor

I've got a quincy compressor which I purchased (used) because my old craftsman 1 hp compressor couldn't deliver the cfm desired by the blaster. So now I've got WAY more than I need.

royce in SB