There's no need to remove them - sda2 is written like a memory buffer in a
circular way - overwriting old images.

Right now you need to read /mnt/sda1/camogm.disk to track where recording
started/stopped.

If you remove it the recording will be started from the beginning of the
partition:
elphel393~# rm /mnt/sda1/camogm.disk (camogm might need to be restarted
after this)

To actually erase data you can use dd, getting data from "if=/dev/zero" and
writing to "of=/dev/sda2".

Sometimes only one shows up (it isn't always the same port).

Reproduced the problem.

Oleg