That's not correct, at least not for newer versions. I'm setting up nexcoms
with usb keyboards and I have an experimental live-usb-stick that was generated
by a script from Dario to convert the livecd to run from usbstick with custom
config.xml which boots up at the nexcom fine. Don't have a system like the LEX
here to test but I guess it should work with that as well. The installer is not
prepared for the usb drive, that's why you can't install from the stick to hdd
but it would make a great tool for rapid desasterrecovery or deployment of
systems with custom config as you even can specify a custom factory default
config.xml with Dario's script.

Holger